Saturday, January 5, 2008

Our Hawaiian Vacation






I love my new computer! I have worked most of the afternoon uploading and printing photos from our Hawaiian anniversary trip. What a difference an up to date computer can make :)
We went to Oahu in late November and stayed on the North Shore. It was extremely relaxing, especially since Charlie would not allow me to book my time with tons of sightseeing activities...I typcially pack the itinerary so full that its not a vacation.
The first photo above was taken along the North Shore just down from the Banzai Pipeline. The next is a view from our balcony the day we checked out. We really didn't want to end our beautiful trip so we continued to shoot pictures until we had to check out. I had to have Charlie pull off the road to photograph the Hale'iwa sign because we traveled to the small town daily for shopping and meals. I don't think there was a day that past that we didn't take the 20 minute drive between the quaint town and our resort. The last day of our trip we ventured down to Waikiki Beach, photograph of the shoreline...Waikiki and the North Shore are amazingly different even though its only a 45 minute drive between the two. Waikiki is very busy with tourists and part of the city. The North Shore is a vast range of country. The last photograph posted is the infamous Diamond Head Crater. We did not hike the crater however we had a picture perfect view from the beach of Waikiki.
I have many more pictures to share so I will be posting more soon!

No comments: