Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Greetings from Northwest Indiana






Where it has been down right frosty outside! Whew! Fortunately the sun has been making a presence the last few days helping it not feel so bitter outside.


Today the kids helped me try out my new camera. If you recall, I mentioned that while in Hawaii I dropped our current digital camera in the sand while attempting to capture Charlie catching a wave during his surf lessons on the North Shore. Well, since I got through the holidays without a camera and we managed to get our techical problems straighted out at home with the new computer Santa brought, we decided I NEEDED a camera before leaving for Sanibel Island this weekend with the kids.


Of course I was not sure what camera would be best but Charlie and I did figure out that we wanted something that had a great zoom feature on it and one that has little delay between pressing the button and actually processing the photo. Our other criteria was that it would capture action photos as we will be on the soccer fields of the Highland Soccer Club alot this spring. (Did I mention Charlie signed up to coach Jackson's team?)


What digital camera did I end up with? The Canon PowerShot S5IS. Boy...was I surprised when I got home to see all the features this little wonder has...not to mention the studying I will need to do to know what to use. So this afternoon I have been reading and clicking, reading and clicking...and low and behold I am THRILLED! Not only can I create movies (yes,more reading to do) but I can take photos in sepia and black & white..all by pushing my finger...LOVE IT!


I am posting some photos from our "photoshoot" today. The kids were great helping mom! Jackson got a few more shots in than Maycen as she needed to hit the books. Take a look at her first photos in her new glasses!

No comments: